Edible Insects: Dried Crickets
Discover the delight of dried crickets—delicious and packed with protein. Our Edible insects Dried crickets offer a unique delicacy, each 100 grams delivering a crispy texture and a scent reminiscent of sunflower seeds and nuts. They boast 60% insect protein along with dietary fiber, vitamins, and essential trace elements.
At Eurocrickets, we prioritize quality in our cricket breeding.
- Our crickets are raised on a diet of only the finest, meticulously selected feed,
- free from any substances that we believe have no place in food or animal feed, such as soy, GMOs, fish meal, or medications.
- We enrich their feed with vital vitamins and minerals, ensuring their nutritional excellence.
- Additionally, our crickets are nourished with pure, specially treated filtered water sourced from the depths of the Merkys Regional Park well. We refrain from feeding them vegetables or fruits to maintain a consistent protein content.
Our dried crickets are available in two sizes: standard and large. But which size should you choose?
- Standard-sized dried crickets are younger and smaller, offering a milder taste. This is because, at this stage, they haven’t yet developed an exoskeleton, which contains chitin. Without the exoskeleton, the standard size crickets are easier to digest.
- On the other hand, large-sized dried crickets are older, with a larger body and a more pronounced flavor. This is due to the presence of the exoskeleton, which contains chitin and acts as a natural intestinal cleanser.
Before drying, our crickets undergo thorough pre-washing and are then heat-treated and slowly dried to preserve all their beneficial properties, same as our cricket flour!
Insects are low in fat and rich in protein, vitamins, and minerals, making them a dietary staple for over 2 billion people across diverse cultures worldwide.